Saturday, August 14, 2010

a dressmaking dilemma!!!

So I started making a dress from this retro Butterick pattern.

The plan was, to use the pattern for the bodice (I love the detailing), and then attach a shorter skirt - so I could wear it as a little summer dress.

Well, I finished sewing together most of the bodice today, and now I have a seriously dilemma.

a short trial - me with a belt holding the top up, and the material tucked under the belt for the skirt.  It's cute enough.  Just what I was expecting.  But then, I had to let the material down.  All of it.  Of course, right?  Of COURSE I choose to make more choices for myself, and thus complicate life, JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY.

And here is like, something I would totally wear to the Oscars (without that really bad belt).  Or something.  Okay, maybe that was a slight exaggeration.

Anyway, major dilemma here.  Because while the first dress suits my personality the most, and its shorter length would allow me to wear it to more places, I still can't forget the longer version.  And if I did make it shorter, would I even wear the dress enough to make it all worth it?  Would it be better to just make the longer version, and wear it maybe only once?

OH MY GOODNESS.  MY HEAD IS SPLITTING.  CUTTING OUT THIS SKIRT IS GOING TO BE SO STRESSFUL.

This must be a sign that I have way too much free time.

Anway, I can't cut it out tonight.  I must think about it for a little while.  Even if this is not a healthy thing for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment