Wednesday, March 2, 2011

oscars - showtime!

Anne Hathaway's many wardrobe changes - Hugh Jackman's opening for the 81st Academy Awards in 2009 is still my fave, (Hathaway and Franco weren't very funny....) but at least Hathaway had nice clothes (for the most part).

Atelier Versace (spring 2011)
my favorite!!!

le smoking - Lanvin; Brian Atwood shoes

Vivienne Westwood

Oscar de la Renta 

Givenchy Couture (2009)

Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi performing 'I See the Light' from Tangled - I wanted this song to win, but then again, I never thought it would.  (kudos to me for predicting the Toy Story song as winner).

Mandy Moore - dress by Monique Lhuillier (resort 2011). a brilliant color!

I was rooting for Jenny Beavan to win for best costume design in The King's Speech (if not just for the hats alone), but somehow knew deep down that Colleen Atwood would win for Alice in Wonderland.  The costumes were out of this world, anyway.  One of her best.  Still, Atwood annoyed me with her acceptance.  She literally took out a piece of paper and began reading off it.  LAME!  As if she was taking her win for granted.

Colin Firth's acceptance speech was my favorite.  So gracious, and humorous too.

"I'm afraid I have to warn you that I'm experiencing stirrings somewhere in the upper abdominals which are threatening to form themselves into dance moves, which joyous as they may be for me, they would be extremely problematic if they made it to my legs before I make it off stage."

No comments:

Post a Comment