Monday, February 28, 2011

oscars - red carpet

and...oscars time!

I know I shouldn't have watched the Oscars as much as I should have, given the ridiculous amount of work for this week, but one look at the red carpet and I was a lost girl.  Then the ceremonies started, and.....a lost girl once again.  I simply had to watch, given all the hype that I created for myself through last Friday's issue of the Tech.

 Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein.  This wasn't my favorite to begin with, but so perfect for her!  Modern, sleek, and oh-so-elegant.
Natalie Portman in Rodarte.  This was easily my favorite red carpet look this year, and numbers among my top red carpet dresses ever.  Did I mention that I have the biggest girl crush on Natalie Portman?

the hair! the makeup! the earrings!























Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa.  Dear Hailee, thank you for acting your age.  You looked gorgeous, and I loved the detail on the dress.






































Sandra Bullock in Vera Wang.  It kind of looked like it was falling off at times?  Maybe that's just because that's how I feel about strapless in general.  Still - she looked great.  I liked the simple hair, too.
Mila Kunis in Elie Saab couture.  A bit low cut, but she looked amazing, and I was excited to see a Saab on the red carpet - not as many Saabs on the red carpet as I would have liked to see (so many Oscar-worthy ones from the last collection!), but such is life.
Halle Berry in Marchesa.  This woman is gorgeous, what else can I say...

No comments:

Post a Comment