Saturday, October 2, 2010

more cookies + birds

Friday = peanut butter cookie day

I love this recipe - it's been a favorite since I was little, when I got the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie book. The mouse cookbook that came with the actual book is full of lots of yummy recipes!  This peanut butter munchies recipe is by far the easiest - it's not like the others are difficult, but this one has only three ingredients!  Just the important ones, you know.  Peanut butter, sugar, and an egg to hold it all together.  The result is rather peanut-buttery, but hey, that's whole point, right?

Peanut Butter Munchies

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Combine all ingredients; mix well.  Roll dough into 1-inch balls and drop onto lightly greased cookie sheet.  Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 F, or until golden brown.  Press tines of fork into cookie while still soft.

Voila!

(this is fork-pressing fail we're seeing here).

(oh peanut butter, i love you so...)

Also just cut out more birds for my bird-mobile.  I'm having some issues with the placement of the strings, though.  I have to make sure it doesn't look too premeditated or anything weird like that.  I think I might cut out some smaller birds, and string them on as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment