Monday, October 4, 2010

my favorite vermeers.

So a few weekends ago, I still had time to get distracted long enough on youtube...I finally watched Girl With a Pearl Earring, which I actually really enjoyed.  I think that this may actually be one of the few instances in which I enjoy the movie more than the book.  Besides the fact that I am not particularly enamored with the storyline (although it is interesting enough), the use of light throughout the film is amazing - as if every scene is a painting (something that caught my attention even with the crummy youtube quality of the pictures).  It makes me appreciate Vermeer even more, I think.


The Milkmaid, c. 1658-1661


Woman Holding a Balance, c. 1662-1665


(and, of course...)
Girl With a Pearl Earring, c. 1665-1667

No comments:

Post a Comment