Thursday, November 3, 2011

thank you for the music

My parents didn't really listen to ABBA when I was little, and so when the Mamma Mia! musical came out when I was in middle school, I naturally memorized the soundtrack (London cast) and not the original songs.  In fact, I listened to that CD so much that I've memorized all the little bits of dialogue embedded in the music and know the track listing order by heart...

The movie was not my favorite as far as soundtracks go, but there's one song that I really do enjoy - Amanda Seyfried's rendition of "Thank You For The Music."  It's not in the actual movie - it's a hidden track played at the end - but there's some mesmerizing, easy quality about it.  I can almost picture her on some stage in a long shimmering dress (gold?), nothing but her, the spotlight, and the pianist.



I'm also just putting a bunch of posts in the queue...yay lunch breaks (when else do you have time to relax for half an hour?!).  It's been a bad week, and my weekend is bound to be busy busy busy.  Don't you just love exams on a Monday?!

No comments:

Post a Comment